The Mission at Hovey Exercise Physiology:
Empower the community through education and movement to a healthier lifestyle.
EP – Hovey Exercise Physiology
EP – Exercise Physiology or otherwise referred to as an AEP, Accredited Exercise Physiologist. We are governed by ESSA – Exercise and Sport Science Australia.
With an aim to promote exercise to assist with management and improvement or prevention of injury, illness, or disease.
You can find exercise physiologists working in a range of facilities or areas. Such as hospitals, private clinics, gyms, professional sports, or occupational rehab.
Typically an EP would have completed an Exercise and Sport Science of referred to as a Human Movement Degree, from there further education in “clinical exercise physiology”. Other streams may include strength and conditioning, coaching, teaching, biomechanics, or research.
How I can help:
EP’s are trained in a very wide range of injuries and health conditions.
- Injury management – such as ankle sprains or low back pain
- Previous too or post-surgery – such as hip replacements or ACL reconstruction
- Disease or illness management
- EG. diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or COPD
- Autism – 1:1 exercise or exercise program development, pending the individual
- Gym or home exercise programs
- Completed under supervision or independently
- Exercise advice that is specific to you
Funding / Appointments
Exercise Physiologists are recognised and have the ability to work with the following populations under the insurance/health schemes
- Medicare (Enhanced Primary Care Program)
- Work Cover
- Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Improved Daily Living Skills
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
- Private Health Insurance (HICAPS)
- Privately funded appointments are also available
During COVID-19 restrictions, Telehealth (phone and video call) services and home visits are available.
Our mission is to educate the wider community about the benefits of physical activity and how to manage health conditions, independently.
Together we can find enjoyable forms of exercise for a healthier you.
Get In Touch
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0430 724 129
- Fax: 03 9012 4152
1 Park Street, Maddingley, 3340
Mobile service in the Melton & Bacchus Marsh areas available as a special request – travel fees may apply.