Starting an exercise program for those over 65’s can be daunting – let me help you by providing a group exercise program that you can join once or twice weekly with a group of friendly, local faces
Over 65’s Group Exercise
Exercise for osteoporosis and osteopenia prevention or management for over 65’s:
As we age, our bone density reduces, more so for females – you can get more information here. We want to perform impact exercises to increase bone density.
Falls Prevention and Balance for over 65s:
A focus on static (still) and dynamic (moving) balance, to keep you active, confident, and on your feet in your home and out in the community.
Osteoarthritis for active adults:
Our program is run by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, so despite being a group program, there are always alternative exercises that are implemented to ensure each participants general aches and pains are considered. To reduce those aches and improve your strength over the weeks.
Join Active Adults Exercise:
Tuesdays: 10.20 – 11.20 am
Thursdays: 9.10 – 10.10 am
Cost: $8 for each class
Location: Royale Fitness, 1 Park Street, Maddingley.
You will need to call to confirm your attendance if you’ve not attended prior.
If we have not met previously, undertaking an initial consult may also be appropriate – you can call and we can discuss the ideal way for you to get involved into a movement program!
Over 65’s Exercise is for you if..
– You are over 65 years of age.
– You are under the age of 65 but have trouble with your mobility.
– This class is not appropriate for those who use walking aids, daily.
– There are other, local programs that I may be able to direct you into!
– You would like to improve your cardiovascular fitness?
– Desire to improve or maintain your current balance and walking ability
– You think it would be brilliant to reduce general body aches and pains.
Each class is run by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. This is an exercise professional who commonly works with those with injury or illness. So we can always find a way to get you moving, that isn’t too scary!